Choosing outfits can be a difficult task! Here are some ideas for a familv photo wardrobe that is neutral, comfortable, and complimentary to each other, while also being timeless:
- Stick to a neutral color palette such as white, cream, beige, tan, or gray for your clothing choices. Doing this will make for a much easier solution. You can always add a pop of color somewhere.
- You could Incorporate classic prints such as stripes or plaids but try not to mix them too much as the photos will look too busy and unpleasing to the eye.
- Choose comfortable fabrics that allow for movement and won't wrinkle easily, such as cotton or linen.
- Make sure each family member's outfit has some element that ties it all together. For example, you could all wear a scarf, belt, or piece of jewelry in the same color.
- Avoid overly trendy or flashy styles that will date the photos.
- Keep in mind the location and setting of the photoshoot when choosing your outfits.
You want your wardrobe to complement the surroundings.
- Consider layering pieces such as jackets, cardigans, or vests for added depth to the photos.
- Coordinate but don't match. Choose items with similar colors but with different textures or patterns.
- Ask your photographer for guidance on what will look best in the photos. They have experience and will know what works well.
- Finally, be yourself. Choose clothing that you feel comfortable and confident in, so that your personality can shine through in the photos.